Njordr and OX2 have entered into a strategic cooperation agreement to jointly develop the Galmsjömyran wind power project in Sweden's Sandviken municipality. Under this partnership, they have established a jointly owned company, with OX2 holding a 51% stake and Njordr holding the remaining 49%.
The primary focus of the Galmsjömyran wind power project is to create additional benefits for nearby residents, the region, and the local community, according to Njordr. The developers are actively exploring and implementing specific initiatives to support and enhance biological diversity in the area. As part of their commitment to environmental stewardship, the size of the project has been scaled back from 21 to 17 turbines, and the protection zone for nesting birds has been expanded.
Anticipated to be commissioned in 2028, the wind farm is estimated to generate a minimum of 360GWh of electricity annually, equivalent to nearly 40% of the electricity consumption in Sandviken municipality.
Njordr's Chief Executive, Niclas Erkenstål, expressed the company's dedication to renewable energy development and the creation of new green industry and jobs. He remarked, “Njordr has several wind power projects under development in the Nordic countries as part of our strategy to develop renewable electricity production. We are very pleased with the collaboration with OX2 regarding Galmsjömyran. Galmsjömyran can provide a significant addition of fossil-free electricity production to the region and Sandviken municipality.”
Hillevi Priscar, Country Manager, Sweden, at OX2, highlighted the project's potential to provide a substantial contribution of fossil-free electricity to the growing region and facilitate the establishment of new businesses. Priscar expressed optimism about the collaboration with the Sandviken municipality, emphasizing the importance of local value creation for the benefit of the community and the broader region.