The UK government has granted a Development Consent Order (DCO) for Boom Power’s 238-MW Fenwick solar farm in South Yorkshire, paving the way for construction of the large-scale project.
The scheme has been approved for development near Askern, Moss, Topham and Sykehouse in England and will include a co-located battery energy storage system. The project is set to connect to the grid at the Thorpe Marsh substation.
Boom Power founder Mark Hogan said the consent marks a major milestone for the company.
“Securing planning approval for Fenwick solar farm is a proud moment for Boom Power and a significant step forward for the UK’s clean energy transition,” Hogan said.
“This project reflects years of detailed technical work, collaboration and engagement, and will generate enough electricity to power tens of thousands of homes while delivering lasting benefits for nature and the local community.”
The developer submitted its planning application under the UK’s Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project regime in November 2024. The DCO was approved on Feb. 18 by Lord Whitehead on behalf of the energy secretary’s legal authority.
Boom Power last year secured a DCO for its 400-MW East Yorkshire solar array in northern England.
Hogan said the latest approval demonstrates the strength of our in-house development capability, alongside the strong and ongoing relationships we have with our partners and landowners.
Related posts:
- TPREL Partners with SJVN for 460-MW Multi-Tech Renewable Energy Project
- Island Green Power Launches Public Consultation for 500MW Solar Project in Norfolk
- Aukera Energy Secures Approval for 45-MW Solar Farm and Battery Storage in Scotland
- Engie to Begin Construction of First Solar Farms in Ireland, Targeting 18MWp Across Galway and Limerick
- Velto Renewables to Acquire 260MW Spanish Solar Portfolio in €1.1 Billion Deal
